Sunday 22 September 2013

End of an era

So, the other day was the last time that I will ever see my psychologist again.

Since being diagnosed with Panic Disorder, I have had cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and other types of therapy from a couple of  trainee clinical psychologists who would come and go and I would have to explain everything again each time and get used to that person after weeks with someone else. I didn't really feel comfortable talking to them either. Over seeing all of this however was Louise, and in the end decided to see me every few months to help continue support me until I left Sixth Form.

I felt really comfortable around her and always felt like I could tell her anything and she wouldn't ever judge me, she would be really understanding and would help support me in whatever decisions I made. I was so lucky to be able to have her as my psychologist. When other people would come and go, help me and then not help me anymore, she was always there and knew everything about me so I didn't ever need to explain anything that had happened in the past, which was such a relief.

I am happy to be leaving as I am in a much stronger position than I was a few months ago. The timing of going off to university could not have been better - it just feels like such a natural transition. I would hate to be stuck here for another year, it would do my head in! There are times when you just have to walk away, change your surroundings and exit your comfort zone in order to move forward, and that time has come around.

I'm so excited, I just hope things live up to my expectations :)

Song to listen to: Weight of Living Part 1 (Albatross) - Bastille

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment