Sunday 29 September 2013

Starting University

Hey there!

So yesterday was the day I moved in to my uni accommodation!
I really like my room, there is plenty of floor space and it has my family and friends handprints on the pinboard - something that not many other people would think of doing! :')

I have to admit that I am feeling homesick - it's a horrible feeling. This is a big step for me - going from over 3 months of not doing anything, most meals being prepared and organised for you and your washing always being done without you even having to think about it, to having to think about all of that by yourself with no family around you to give you a hug is one of the hardest things.

I'm sure I can't be the only person to feel this way, it's just really daunting for me.

I also don't want to drink alcohol this week. You might think I'm crazy, but it's just another pressure to deal with. Also, my panic attacks are much more likely to happen if I drink alcohol, and I don't want to have to deal with that as well as everything else, and I don't want anyone else to have to deal with me. Think about it, just like alcohol reduces your ability to control your behaviour, for me it also reduces my ability to control my panic attacks.

I hope my flatmates don't mind too much, and I hope they understand.

The first week is going to be the hardest for sure!

I'll keep you updated x

Song to listen to: Keep On Walking - Passenger

Becky :)


No comments:

Post a Comment